Sky Arts is once again offering five young artists £30,000 each to fund their work for a full year as part of the Sky Arts Ignition: Futures Fund – in association with IdeasTap. FIVE artists will be selected during this round of funding, so this is your last chance to apply before autumn 2013!
Closing date 19 December at 5pm.
The fund is open to applications from the following fields:
• Performing arts: theatre-makers including playwrights, spoken word artists, directors, puppeteers and live artists
• Dance: dancers and choreographers
• Music: musicians, composers, songwriters and conductors
• Visual art: fine artists, sculptors, photographers, animators and video artists
• Creative producing: do you bring together disparate parts of culture in exciting and innovative ways? This category is open to creative producers working in visual arts, theatre, film and performance/dance.
There won’t necessarily be a winner in every one of the five categories. Looking at all the applications, the judges will pick the five entries they believe to be the strongest overall.
To apply, you must be an IdeasTap member aged 18-30 on the closing date, Wednesday 19 December 2012, and either be a citizen of the UK or Ireland or have been resident in the UK or Ireland for the last five years. Either way, you must currently be living in the UK or Ireland to apply. It’s free to become an IdeasTap member and just takes a few minutes – sign up here.
Keep an eye out for details of the four seminars across the UK and Ireland Sky Art is running that will give advice on how to write that winning application. In the meantime, for advice on how to create a successful application, read Sky Art Judging Top Tips article.
For more information on Sky Arts, please visit www.sky.com/arts.